Saturday, October 13, 2012

Rainbow Granny Square Blanket- First Crochet Project

I decided to start to crochet in April of 2012.  I was expecting a baby in August of that same year,and was looking for a hobby that was colorful  portable and useful. I got hooked on crochet... boy did I crochet... I turned out a huge amount of work, aiming to complete my smaller projects in a day and larger projects within 3 days right up until my baby was born (I took my crochet with me to the hospital- I was being induced). 

Here is my very first project; a rainbow baby blanket for my baby boy Ace.
 I used a traditional style of granny squares with my favorite color scheme... RAINBOW!!!

Here is the blanket being put to good use... by baby Ace :) 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is an old post but had to comment on what a great job, especially for your first project! :) I'm making a granny rainbow blanket now, came across this post when googling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. My baby is a big boy now but still has his rainbow blanket!

    ReplyDelete