Sunday, October 14, 2012

Granny Rose Tutorial

A little while ago I stumbled upon a blog that featured a free Crochet Along project. It was called the Granny Rose Crochet Along and it featured a fab 3D style rose motif surrounded by leaves and a granny square. It is an excellent tutorial and it inspired me to have a go!

Here are a couple of projects I completed:
 This Blue Rose knee rug has come in handy for my mother in law, who cracked a vertebrae and has had to spend quite a bit of time sitting down... what a pretty way to keep your knees warm!!!!


 This bright colored baby blanket was commissioned for a work collegue who was expecting a baby girl.... she loved it!!!


This is my favourite so far, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the colour combination (it looks so much brighter in real life)  here's a close up of the detail :) 


The latest granny rose project I am attempting is a larger size afghan for a Christmas present. I am loving the way its turning out. I am planning a lovely lacy border in red and black. Spanish rose style.

If you would like to try the granny rose you can find the free pattern here.


7 comments:

  1. These are incredible Heather. I love your color combinations. And I'm with you the purple, green and turquoise is my favorite too!

    Thanks for adding my link. Seems like we both enjoying making this one over and over again, I just started another one!. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for posting the tutorial in the first place!! its fab!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! and I am following the tutorial from the link you share but I also want to do an afghan. How did you do your border?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there!
      I did a very simple double crochet border on the smaller baby blankets, however on the black and red blanket I bordered each square with granny square stitches,I also used a granny stitch to join all the squares, then I just did little fans all around the edge to make a scalloped edging- hope that helps :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't see the free pattern. Where on the page is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, I just followed the link only to discover that the pattern is no longer free :( You can get it off etsy though pattern download I think the entire 5 step tutorial is only $12.50. In my opinion - the pattern is worth it :) Good luck!

      Delete