Thursday, June 5, 2014

Owl Wrist Warmers

So I needed a fab pressie for one of my nieces who is an ardent nature lover, and came across some fab owl wrist warmers in Mollie Makes magazine. 

The pattern features in a back issue so i had to buy and download a copy before i could begin. Here is a link to the issue Mollie Makes - Issue 21

I had some trouble with the pattern, as I didn't have the right weight wool or large double pointed needles. I also read that the finished wrist warmers, if following the pattern, were very small when finished. 
I ended up using 6mm tip circular needles and two strands of 8ply wool to get the right size. 

Here is how my wrist warmers turned out:



I think the owl pattern is adorable and I will probably use it again at a later date, I am not, however, that impressed with the glove pattern, but that could have more to do with my lack of knowledge than that pattern itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment