Saturday, November 3, 2012

Wisteria Lacy Shawl

Now I normally like to crochet, but recently I got some beautiful 4ply varigated wool 

(on special from spotlight, for only $5 a ball) that was far more suitable for knitting so I thought I would be a bit adventurous and dust the cobwebs off my knitting skills. 
I had a good look for a shawl pattern on Ravelry and came across this gorgeous pattern that was able to be downloaded for free. 
© Marisa Hernandez
The pattern is called "Easy As Pie" and I was really hoping it lived up to it's name. 
It took quite a while to get going, and I must admit I did a lot of counting and recounting to get the pattern semi right at first.... even then, I didn't quite get the numbers right. In the long run despite almost despairing at the lace chart I was supposed to know how to follow, I finished it, and it looked glorious ... even if I do say so myself! Here are some photos of my effort... let me know what you think!!






It's now proudly owned by my mum, which is kind of fitting as she was the one who taught me to knit in the first place :)


No comments:

Post a Comment